In the afternoon the wind again rose similar to the day before and we were down to 3 reefs with the heavy weather jib also reefed punching an awkward sea. The wind direction could not be more unhelpful.
We have also discovered local tides are increasingly influential with 2kts running in the Fundian Channel. Options are still open whether or not we run down the west or east side of the Georges Bank. Next grib should help decision making with fingers crossed that the forecast allows us to ease the sheets which have been hard in for the last 60hrs.
That aside, all’s well with some spectacular whale tail thrashing providing a diversion.